A CAMP SHADOW PINES retreat is an annual tradition for many special-needs groups, as well as statewide and regional churches, schools, science, and band camps. Family reunions and seminars also find a Christian atmosphere where they enjoy the peaceful and beautiful surroundings. Over 7,000 campers visit annually, and approximately 85% are repeat groups. Our facility is available to all without regard to religion, race, or ethnic background.
- 100% Wheelchair accessible
- Regulation-size gym, football & softball fields
- Capacity is 350 persons, minimum group size is 75 persons.
- Open year Round
- Cabins with bunk beds
- Hot showers
- Dining room serves exceptional food (great food, our specialty)
- Chapel seats 200
- Cabins with bunk beds and ample HOT showers/toilets
- Five large meeting rooms, one with fireplace
- Large, covered ramada (patio with stage and lights)
- Pavillion-covered ramada
- Huge Barbeque area
- Cross Fire Pit with bleachers
- Pow Wow Fire Pit with stone seating
- Jogging and Nature trails
- Nurses’ quarters with private shower
*NOTE: TV reception is poor; cell phone reception depends upon cell phone carrier.
G.P.S. LOCATION– 34 degrees 25.4 N, 110 degrees 39.4 W
WEATHER-WE CAN NEVER PREDICT THE WEATHER, BUT GENERALLY
YOU CAN EXPECT TEMPERATURES 20 TO 25 DEGREES COOLER THAN IN PHOENIX.
THE ALTITUDE IS APPROXIMATELY 6,850 FEET. A JACKET OR SWEATER IS NEEDED
IN THE SUMMER AND VERY WARM CLOTHING IN THE WINTER.
WHAT TO BRING-CAMPERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN BEDDING OR
SLEEPING BAGS, JACKET, TOWELS, SOAP, ETC. WE SUGGEST AN EXTRA PAIR OF
SHOES, RAIN APPAREL, FLASHLIGHT, AND INSECT SPRAY FOR SAFETY AND
COMFORT. A CAMERA, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, AND WIDE MOUTH REFILLABLE WATER THERMOS/BOTTLE ARE A GOOD IDEA.